Saturday, April 6, 2013


One thing I have been an avid supporter of is communication. I totally believe that most of the world without meaning to do it miscommunicates and/or not a full understanding of what is going on. Even on my mission there were a lot of different things that would come up that I would be discussing, even amongst other missionaries, where I knew it was a miscommunication. I believe that if we could clarify and work on our abilities to ask for clarification instead of assuming we knew what someone was talking about I really do wonder and believe if the world would not be a better place. Even looking at the simple out line of communication First we start with thoughts and feelings, We decide the best way to encode that message, then use a media to express that encoded message (interesting side note is that only 14% words, tone 35%, and 51% nonverbal things like facial expressions body language and eye contact, after that the other person has to decode that message and this is taken back in as thoughts and feelings and then our cycle starts immediately over with the encoding. The hard part about this is that this happens many times even within a sentence. One thing that Brother Williams said that I believe to really think about was “We should communicate so clearly not only that we can be understood but so we cannot be misunderstood.”
and still more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment